Monday, October 10, 2011

Motivation Monday--Get off your butt and do it!

 Back from the reenactment, had a wonderful time with wonderful people. The weather was beautiful and the only thing I can really complain about is my allergies,they acted up all weekend and made it hard to talk, and sleep. I am already looking at sewing patterns for a new dress for next year, and Chris is excited to start on a few wood  working projects of his own.

For my research I have lots that I am wanting to work on.

  • For both sides I want to find as many birth and death Certificates as I can find.
    • Starting with my Grandparents
  • Why was the Murder of Silas Merchant acquitted?
  • Double check the deaths of my Great Grandaunts & Uncles on my mothers side
  • Do more laundry (okay, has nothing to do with research  but it needs to get done)
  • Spend more time at the library 
  • Get my application in for DAR
One of the biggest topics that came up at the reenactment was proper clothing for women. I am defiantly going to look more into that also. It also brings up what our ancestors wore, was it the stereotypical outfits that pop into our heads or is that just something that a very few wore, are we thinking of a different time period all together? 


We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott

2 comments:

  1. I love your motivation "Get Off Your Butt and Do It!" I should make it my personal slogan!

    Welcome to Geneabloggers!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to both of you! I am having a great time writing this. I would love to have time to do more posts, and research but I am hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete