Monday, October 17, 2011

A family gift

I know its only October but I have started to think Christmas gifts. If your anything like me you have a long list and a short budget.  I have finished my Grandmothers gift though, I can show here since I doubt she will see this. {I love her, but she isn't the most tech savvy} I would love to say it was original but I got the design from the free family tree that you can download from Family Tree Magazine. I then hand inked a prepared canvas. I am really happy with how it turned out, except for my hand writing {I have came to the conclusion that it won't ever get better, and I will just have to deal}. The finished piece is on  16 x 12.



I am thinking about doing more, I figure the more I do the better each will be.  Maybe the next will be more modern?



We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Julie Cahill Tarr

    Thanks so much for the comment, it's so hard to get people to comment! I am sure she will, I just need to work on my penmanship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Brynn, this is really great! Very creative. Maybe I'll try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @NoOceanInKansas
    If you do let me know, I would love to see it. And Thank you

    ReplyDelete