Thursday, July 19, 2012

Why we should connect


When I first started this adventure I was really excited, somewhere between a puppy seeing a dog biscuit and a 6 year old going to Disney Land excited. I have this blog, a website, and 3 public trees all floating around out there in cyber space. It is kinda like fishing, I fling my bait out as far as I can and wait and hope for a bite.

Finally after all this time I got some nibbles, in fact 3!

2 folks emailed me, I returned the emails but haven't heard anything back.

The third, and the most exciting, I received an email from a lady whose 3x great grandfather is my 4x great uncle. WOOOHOOO! The best part is that she is from my home county, is good friends with my great uncle, and played cards with my grandparents before their divorce! When I told my grandmother I thought she was going to fall over, all this time and they had no idea.

I was asked why I would put so much effort to get the information out there, now you know. Not only am I getting the information out there but I am connecting with people; and really thats what this is about.

We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott

0 comments:

Post a Comment