Monday, February 6, 2012

Flip-Pal Scanner: IT'S HERE, IT'S HERE!

So a few posts back I excitedly told you that I was waiting for my Flip-Pal Scanner. Well guess what!? It came today! EEEK! So far in my test run I love love love it. It is such a great size, around the size of netbook and is so easy to use. All you do is scan then put the SD card into your computer, and it works for PC or Mac. I am so ready to go to the library, and since there are no cords to be hooked up to my computer it will be so easy to use, I can just stand up and go. I don't even have to take my laptop out of the bag if I don't want to.



In the box: The scanner, a flash drive style SD card reader (awesome btw), instructions, and a 2gb SD Card with the software on it, and batteries.



This baby will scan in 300 dpi and 600 dpi, has stitching software (so you can scan something larger and the software magically puts it together), and you can take the cover off and scan things (I will explain later). 

First some examples of scans:


Photo scanned like a normal scanner with the top


Photo scanned with the scanner upside-down




Large painting scanned and stitched together, the black areas are parts that didn't get scanned.


So now you are probably wondering what I mean about it being upside down. We all know what a regular scanner looks like and this one works just like it, but you can also take the cover off and use it!





Like I said in the video, and it is my first, so be kind :), if you have any questions let me know. 




We all grow up with the weight of history on us. Our ancestors dwell in the attics of our brains as they do in the spiraling chains of knowledge hidden in every cell of our bodies. ~Shirley Abbott

0 comments:

Post a Comment